Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SHAKIRA TALKS ABOUT HER PARTNER GERARD PIQUE


 Shakira Opens Up About Her Relationship with Gerard Piqué| Babies, The Voice, Shakira

She may be outnumbered by the male coaches on The Voice, but at home Shakira is on far more equal footing.

When it comes to Spanish soccer star Gerard Piqué, 26, her partner since
2011, "He has his own world and that's actually one of the healthiest things about the relationship," the singer-songwriter and new mom, 36, tells Elle magazine in its July covestory.

"I know that he's the one person who is with me not because of any interest other than the love that unites us," she says. "There's nothing I can offer him beyond my womanhood – does that word exist in English?"

Their world revolves around their 4-month-old son, Milan Piqué Mebarak, and when it comes to being a mom, Shakira says she's not buying into any stereotypes.


"I'm still trying to figure it out. And I have a feeling I will try to do the same for the rest of my life," she says.

Regarding motherhood, "Some people put it like it's very idyllic, some people put it like it's a torturing experience, but it's not quite one thing or the other. It's like life – it comes with everything."

No comments: