Friday, July 12, 2013

Pregnant Alhaja Arrested During Armed Robbery Operation In Lagos

,


Hmmmm wonders shall never end but why ? an Alhaja who goes on robbery operation despite being about 7-month old pregnant for her second husband was nabbed by the lagos state police command .

Alhaja Sherifat Asabi Ojeleke was arrested with Samson Giwa, Matthew Ineke and Gbenga Oyedele. They are currently singing like a canary in the detention cells of the detectives attached to the Special
Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos State police command.
Alhaja and the three other suspects were arrested for their roles in trans-border armed robbery operations. The gang members usually invade Lagos and others South-West states from Cotonou, Republic of Benin and went on the prowl in search of posh vehicles.

The 35-year-old Alhaja who claimed her parents hail from Ilorin, Kwara State capital, but had for many years stayed in Cotonou to make ends meet, said her second husband, Gbenga Ojuoye, who is responsible for her seven-month-old pregnancy, introduced her to armed robbery.


“I was once married. In the first marriage, I was blessed with three children, including twins. My first child, Mujidat, a female is 16 years old, but I divorced my first husband.


“I deal in local herbs in Cotonou. I prepare herbs for married ladies who are looking for the fruits of the womb. It was in that process, I came in contact with Gbenga Ojuoye, who I knew to be a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers at Owode-Yewa area of Ogun State. We met at Owode-Apa two years ago.”


The police is at a loss on whether to commence her prosecution or not, due to her being heavily pregnant.

 

No comments: